Sunday, July 22, 2007

Balkon ti Bunkhouse 17 Central Saddle

I was born in Philex Mines. I knew that balcon in Bunkhouse 17 in Central Saddle on top of Alipio's Store formerly a tailoring shop, besides the Abalos Store of the adjacent bunkhouse and on the other side the rolling store that never rolled of Ventura.

My mom made us a cape and a mask, for me and my brother, ( I was 6 and my bro is 4) with lables of batman and robin.... I was batman but our cap and masks are same, only lables on top differs.... Me and my bro will be proudly wearing these and come out of our room and shout Batman! and my bro will say Robin! We all have poses for the superheroes. Older boys will be laughing at us.... Tik Olan da kami.... Naturally, both of us ran home crying and tell our mom. After 30 minutes, we forget about the failed mission of batman and robin and start another mission.... So we go out and start.... Batman! Robin!

We left the Bunkhouse for a new home in Lower Capitol. When my sister got married, the couple had a room in the same Bunkhouse, so I use to go there and make tambay. I got a crush on the daughter of a storeowner across the street. So I stand on this Balcony to catch a glimpse of her.

Later when my younger brother got hired and had a family, he got a room in this Bunkhouse. This time, the Balcony was our favorite drinking spot. Ay apo, uray ak la agsarwa met a kinabartek ko met idyay.

Numerous Christmas and New Years were spent in that balcony.... My ultimate tambayan... Nakita nak siguro idyay iddi anya...

No comments: